Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Forget meaningless quarrels!

"Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will."
2 Timothy 2:23-26

This has been so necessary to remember this week as I have spent time with family and lots of people who are of different mindsets than me. It is so helpful to remember what is truly important. When I get distracted with minor conflicts, my focus drifts away from God and my life purpose. I also lose the opportunity to be a bright witness to others. I am seeking to choose God's purpose and to keep my focus eternal!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chelsea,
These verses speak so directly to me, as if I have not read them before. It is so much easier to be defensive and combative with others when we feel they have wronged us. This reminder to be at peace with them externally by choosing not to argue with them allows us the chance to trust the situation to The Lord, who is the Master Teacher. I think the more we practice this the easier it is to release resentment. As we respond obediently to The Lord we build that eternal perspective and can teach it to others. I love the last part of the verse especially about remembering God will instruct them and nudge them towards repentance. And the reminder they are caught in the enemy's trap, as I have been as well. I have seen victory for my opponents when I pray for them as He has called for me to do. I will definitely continue to meditate on these verses my friend as I allow The Lord to develop His Spirit in me. Thanks for sharing your journey with us, He's definitely using it to strengthen others :)