Saturday, December 15, 2012

Do not be afraid

2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline/control."

I have been feeling a lot of fear lately. I know I'm not the only one because I look at what is happening in our world today, especially in the US with all the shootings, and I know that we all have a lot to fear. There isn't any safe place anymore and it's scary. These are the times when I have to rely on the promises that God has made. Why did he tell us not to fear 365 times? That's one time for every day of the year. That means we can trust him.
The verse above was sent to me by three of my friends this week so I have really felt God making it resonate with me.
Two things stand out to me. One is that God says I have power through his name. I can't fight evil alone and I will feel hopeless if I try. God has all the power I need.
The second thing that stands out to me is the word self-discipline. This especially resonates with me because the times I am most lazy are the times when singlets in the most. That creates even more fear because I find myself in situations that God does not desire for me. Look at David and when his biggest send creeped up into his life. He was lazy laying around his house not fighting with his men. That is a true lesson for me this week.
I pray that God helps me to be disciplined each day to seek him and to seek truth in his word.
God did not create us to be timid.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:San Jose,United States

No comments: