Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy new year! I am starting this new year with a fresh outlook on life. I feel that God has truly taught me the meaning of the word "redemption". 2012 was the year I was redeemed. I was a broken, useless vessel but God healed me of my brokenness so I could now be a vessel to be used for His purpose. My mission is different, my priorities are different, my perspective is eternal.
"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." Ephesians 5: 15-17

God has revealed to me what my life purpose is and it has shaped my daily perspective. I don't have to wander about, lost or tossed about in the waves of chaos that are easily a part of my world (in my job, my relationships, etc). When I wake up in the morning I remember that my life purpose is to give God glory and to do His will, whatever that may be for the day. Amazing how suddenly life becomes an adventure with my God when I am able to think this way.
Don't get me wrong – I have yet to perfect this. I have my bad days, too. But they don't last as long and even in the midst of them I know what God's promise is and I can rely on that to get me through.
Praise Jesus!

2 comments:

Tara said...

This is awesome Chelsea! I'm excited to see what God does in your life this year. I pray He'll bless you beyond imagination. Awesome things happen when we truly surrender our lives to Him. Love you!

Chelsea Lyn Dilbeck said...

I'm excited, too! Thanks, Tara.