Sunday, December 9, 2012

Leaving my 20's Behind


As I pause to reflect on the past decade of my life that I am now leaving behind, I can't help but be grateful for all the wonderful adventures I have already had. I have been to exotic places, I have made new friends, and I have learned many lessons along the way.
Sometimes it's scary to embark on a new adventure, but it can be exciting, too. When I reflect on this year alone, my 29th year of existence, I can't help but feel it was the hardest year I have ever been through. That said, it was the best year I have ever been through.
I am in love with my Savior more than I have ever been. I am the best version of myself I have ever been. I am more free than I have ever been.
Losing loved ones to death or disagreement can leave a hole in your heart. I have experienced loss but I have also experienced gain.
This year, I have seen my family under great adversity and I have also seen us under great blessing because we kept believing in God's promises of deliverance. Guess what? He kept his promise.
I have lost friendships that were quite dear to me. I have seen my mom experience stroke and an arduous recovery. I have lost one grandpa and almost lost another. I have seen my grandparents leave their home of 60 years and adjust to a new life in an unfamiliar place. I have witnessed my sister get married and have had the blessing of welcoming a new brother into my family. I have shared the excitement of a first pregnancy of a close friend.
God has been using me to help lead a bible study group of amazing young women as they get to know their Lord better. I have been blessed to be used in leading another group of amazing women in my job as they work to reach their full potential.
I have learned so many valuable lessons this year and I have learned to discard so many of my insecurities. Yes, I have a long way to go because I am human but I have come so far because of my Lord. I am finally learning to give every aspect of my life to Jesus. I am seeing the fruit and reward of doing that.
As I am on the cusp of a new decade, my 30s look so inviting because I know that I have tools I will need to encounter the great difficulties I will probably encounter.
I feel that I am learning wisdom. this is the greatest gift I could have been given.

" Indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." Proverbs 2:3-6

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

No comments: