Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Protected

"He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life." Psalm 121: 3-7

The Lord showed me today how beautiful his protection from the enemy is. I take for granted how often he saves me from true harm even though my own decisions can be poor ones. I was mulling over the stress I am feeling at work today and God assured me that, no matter the circumstances, he will protect me from evil. His plans are not to harm me but to allow me to thrive and praise him. I am his child. When I think of the amazing stories I hear from believers all over the world, I am constantly encouraged by how much God cares for each one of us. The other verse I have been reading this week is 1 John 5: 14-15, which states that what ever we ask, according to God's will, he will do. This is the amazing promise we have in Jesus Christ!
Praise God that he never sleeps and his eyes are always open.

No comments: