Saturday, October 19, 2013

God uses us ordinary people for His glory

Mark 1:9-11
John baptized Jesus himself. Can you imagine the feeling he must have had? I would have been so nervous and concerned that I wouldn't do it right. I picture myself trying to do my own job if Jesus had asked me to, if He was standing right in front of me. You think I'm a perfectionist now? That would be increased tenfold! I can just imagine Him smiling at me waiting patiently for me to complete the job. He'd probably jump in and pick up the pieces, helping me along the way. When it was complete, He'd praise my work and give me a hug. It would be enough for Him.
John was so blessed to be the ONE chosen to be there with Jesus when He declared Himself God's son. He stood right next to Him as God himself said aloud that He was glad. It's awe-inspiring to imagine. I love that He did let an average human being baptize Him. He could have had an angel come down or do it Himself! He loves using us ordinary people because He considers us righteous through His eyes. He likes involving us in every aspect of His ministry. I am so grateful that I have the one God who comes down to us and doesn't keep Himself distant. Praise Him!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: